 Off-Topic / Fun / 900
Re: Club Name discussion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 00:39:19 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote in message <36c9eac8.8833898@lugnet.com>...
Mxptlk (sp?)

Hey, was he the little alien arch-enemy of Superman on the old Super • Friends
cartoon show who would disappear back to his home planet if you tricked • him
into saying his own name?

I'd assume so.  He came from the comic books originally.  I didn't know
he ever rubbed elbows with Wendy and Super Marv (or was it the Wonder
Twins?).

Wonder Twins, usually with either Superman or Batman and Robin around too.
It still plays on Cartoon Network in the afternoons.  It being
"Superfriends."

He had to say his name *backwards*.  'say' isn't completely accurate --
Superman got rid of him once by getting him to type his name backwards.

Correct.  A more accurate phrasing, apparently, is that he has to hear
himself saying his name backwards.  In one of those episodes they get rid of
him by playing a tape backwards that had him saying his name, and that was
good enough.

But how does he keep on getting out of his own dimension in the first place?

Jesse

Jesse The Jolly Jingoist
Looking for answers?
Read the rec.toys.lego FAQ! http://www.multicon.de/fun/legofaq.html