 Off-Topic / Fun / 8688
Re: Fellowship on Film
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 08:18:39 GMT

Here's something I don't understand. WHY would anyone take children under the
age of 10 to see this film. First off, it's rated PG-13. Secondly, it's 3 hours
long. Finally, the story isn't suitable for younger viewers anymore than the
Matrix was.

When I saw the film opening day I was shocked at how many pre-teens were in the
audience-brought by their parents even! I wanted to say 'Harry Potter is in the
next theatre', but a few teens beat me to it. I wasn't shocked when the 4 year
old got up midway through the movie due to boredom.

Am I missing something? Is it trendy to take your kids to movies they won't
understand for nearly a decade?

-Dave (who loved the movie as only a 32 year old could)