 Off-Topic / Fun / 8681
Re: Sometimes being vocal about the hobby pays off
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 04:21:59 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Tim Courtney writes:
Hey everyone -
I just stopped by my boss's house to pick up a check, and she handed me a
couple presents.  The boxes were quite big.  A quick look identified them as
either a 3033 or a Creator tub, and a basic tub (studs on the top).  Turns
out I got a Creator tub and a Podracer bucket for Christmas from my boss. :-)

Tim, can you please let your boss know that I'm a big LEGO fan too.  If need
be, I can provide her with a mailing address.  ;)

Sure, they're not the greatest sets in the world, but the Creator tub has
some cool parts and now I get to see what the Podracer bucket is like :-)

Well, perhaps not the greatest sets, but at least one of the nicest thoughts
I can think of!

Anyone else get LEGO as gifts from people they wouldn't expect?

Last year.  My wife.  8444 Technic Helicopter.  Complete (and most welcome)
surprise.

All the best,
Allan B.