 Off-Topic / Fun / 8558
Re: Yet another reason that Australia is the coolest country EVER
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 02:19:17 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  This has to be one of the most interesting internet services
  I've ever seen:

  http://www.toiletmap.gov.au/

  I'd pay taxes for one of these in the UK, thasfersure.
  (Fortunately a public privy isn't any farther than your
  local Golden Arches or other chain store 'round here.)
  But I do have to wonder how useful it is to have this on
  the internet, which most people presumably use from home
  or from work, and where I would expect they have their
  own (easily-located) toilet?

Tis supposed to be part of the "National Continence Management Strategy"
http://www.health.gov.au/mediarel/yr1999/bb/bb99046.htm put together by our
(locally) infamous minister Bronwyn Bishop (who enjoys sitting in the garden
http://www.greenweb.com.au/garden/html/ministerial_statement.html). Didn't
influence my vote - I don't suffer incontinence, and didn't know about it at
election time, and didn';t vote for the Libs anyway! Maybe they sent out
pamphlets to all incontinent people before the election????

And it seems it's more important to non-Australians:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/elsewhere/journalist/story/0,7792,557202,00.html

Anyway, it does seem like another waste of money, but if the government didn't
keep doing that, what would we have to complain about??????

ROSCO