 Off-Topic / Fun / 8490
  Fellowship of the Ring (the book, not the film...)

One or two of us may have heard that there's a small flick slated for December release based on a little-known book by J.R.R.R.R.R.R.R. something or other. Well, I realized that I hadn't read the book in about 15 years, and I wanted to brush up on (...) (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Fellowship of the Ring (the book, not the film...)

(...) According to my book, page 240 is the near the beginning of chapter 11 (A Knife In The Dark) The book is pretty slow until the party arrives at Rivendell, and then it picks up. You're also re-reading it, and were already familiar with (...) (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Fellowship of the Ring (the book, not the film...)

(...) Bilbo holds combined birthday party. (...) Arrive at Farmer Maggots. Walk some. Arrive at edge of Old Forest. Escape before attack of Black Riders. (...) And Goldberry. Thankfully this is excised from the movie. I much prefer Tim Benzedrine (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Fellowship of the Ring (the book, not the film...)

I've made about five attempts to read the trilogy, and each time I make it to the second chapter of the third book before I've lost interest and started reading something else. The first book starts deadly slow, the second heats up a bit, but by the (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)