 Off-Topic / Fun / 8457
Re: Transformers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 05:33:17 GMT

Matthew Gerber <matthew@digitaliris.com> wrote:

It gets worse...wait'll you catch an episode with the trains...OY!

This series is being touted as an "alternate-universe" story line...I
shudder to imagine how badly written the Japanese stories that originally
went with this crappy animation were (though amazingly, they were probably
better than the English stories).

From what I've heard, the translation is fairly accurate. The show was
aimed at young kids in Japan, so there wasn't much that had to be
changed. However, because of Sep 11, some of the episodes have not been
shown/rerun or had scenes edited so has to not show buildings being
demolished. (The first episode, which hasn't been rerun, shows the
leader of the Predacons (the current Megatron) crashing through a New
York skyscraper early in the episode.)

Erik
--
Erik L. Knopp