 Off-Topic / Fun / 8456
Re: Transformers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 05:18:54 GMT

Christopher Tracey <ctracey@enviroweb.org> wrote:

This new series has become PowerRangerfied.  Where was the plot?  Why
did Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus have to combine into a 'better' robot
to beat the Predicons?  Why do they have to 'Power-up' to win a battle?

I see that its produced by Saban- has it changed hands?

What you saw was Transformers: Robots in Disguise, the current TF series
from Hasbro. The show (and most of the toys) are based on what was
released in Japan last year by Takara. (There it was called
Transformers: Car Robots.) The reason for the Saban credit is that,
because Fox has the broadcast rights to TF:RiD, his company did the
translation/dubbing. This series is of the type that the plot is spread
across the episodes, so not seeing all of them makes what happens in any
one episode seem odd. (Unfortunately, Fox has not been rerunning them in
order, and because of Sep 11, a couple of the episodes haven't been
shown at all.)

Erik
--
Erik L. Knopp