 Off-Topic / Fun / 8385
Re: The strangest eBay auctions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 06:55:06 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Johann writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Low writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Pete White and Lindsay Frederick Braun write:

  Anyways, I first heard about roo-scrotum baggies about four
  years ago.  It's up there with all kinds of pointlessly
  disgusting things that serve as a personal "DO NOT TOUCH"
  (or, more likely, "STAY FAR AWAY FROM") sign, like dried
  baby alligators encased in lucite, George Burns-lookin'
  gorillas carved out of coconuts, or Manties.  (don't ask)

Bloody hell LFB -- one quick websearch and I'm scarred for life.[1]

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! This can not be! Where is a hot poker for my eyes?!?!
mommy....

   Good Lord.  Well, I didn't think you'd go LOOK.  I warned you,
   that burner was hot!  That power line was live!  If you keep
   making that face, you'll stick that way!  IF YOU KEEP PICKING
   AT IT, IT'LL NEVER HEAL.

   More disturbing (yet clean) things:

   http://konstruktiv.net/kitty_02.html
          (SPOOOOOKY kittens.  Thanks Sluggy!)
   http://www.fsinet.or.jp/~sokaisha/rabbit/rabbit.htm
          (The guy who balances various odd things on his rabbit's head.)
   http://www.cat-scan.com/
          (This has nothing to do with medical diagnostics, trust me.
           I'd just like to know how they got 'em to stand still...)
   http://www.tackamarks.freeservers.com/
          (Think you're feeling paranoid?  Check THIS guy out.  He's
           convinced those guys who make road signs--you know, the
           ones whose intelligence and work ethic everyone seems to
           deride--are putting in place a GREAT SECRET CODE for the
           NEW WORLD ORDER.  Uh-huh.)

Is the roo-scrotum baggy from the kangaroo pictured ?

Maybe I should mail my ebay parts out in them ?

ROTFLMAO...I know who NOT to buy from....

   "I'd use koalas, but they're always wet on the bottom..."

   But in response to your enterprising suggestion, Pete, I'd
   like to point out that roo scrotums come in MANY SIZES:

   http://www.australiagift.com/scrotum_shop/

   (Yes, it's an actual e-retailer.  The motto is "small romantic
   gifts with big sentimental value."  No doubt the kangaroo would
   agree, don't you think?)

[1] You said "don't ask", so I went and found out for myself. And I wish I
hadn't.

tell me about it....if you hadn't done it first, I would have left it alone. I'm
seriously regretting ever running that search myself. This is the first time
I've ever cursed Google for being so accurate. :P

   I just checked it, and oh my, you're right.  Ew.  Let's hope
   you didn't actually GO there, it only gets worse.  I'm already
   scarred for life.

   But I had NO idea there were any chatrooms for this.  Wow.
   Uh, we're a remarkably "varied" species, aren't we?

Hey Pete, did Richard "Hop-Frog" Marchetti cover that in his grading guide?
"Slight scratches, fading. May have been exposed to macropod genitalia."

Yeah, I do think I remember that from somewhere....

   Maybe this is where you shoulda said "I know who NOT to buy from."
   Well, at least not at that particular grade.  Check his foot size,
   too, for safety's sake.

   best

   LFB