 Off-Topic / Fun / 8365
  Re: Lugnet can always grow; it's up to us to make it happen.

(...) Heck, I wasn't even sure if he HAD broken a rule. The dictionary also said it was a colloquialism, particularly in academia, and since my copy is an edition last updated in 1974, I figured if anyone was up on the latest on the evolution of the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Lugnet can always grow; it's up to us to make it happen.

(...) Not necessarily. I didn't do it to make the point (which would have been wayyy off topic), I did it to imply that I was saying kudos. I think you're right that it's abstract; I should have put it in scare quotes, but I dislike them enough that (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Lugnet can always grow; it's up to us to make it happen.

(...) Indeed it is, and plural would be "kudH" (that's an Eta) but I can't use it in a sentence. Webster's (1968) reports that the English plural is also "kudos". Was it the candy bar that brought in into the mainstream? The word means "glory, fame, (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Lugnet can always grow; it's up to us to make it happen.

(...) No need to be apologetic-- that (along with an email in which the writer idly speculates about whether he could get away with burying the women he knows under the porch) is the most amusing stuff I've read all day! Alas, my real-life (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)