 Off-Topic / Fun / 8267 (-20)
  Re: Trans-Yellow is NOT Trans-Anti-freeze, or Neon Green!!!

(...) Martin (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: deep frying chocolate (was Re: More LP S P A M : (was Re: Scary Survey results about the US First Amendment))

(...) Well, the method I saw yesterday at the North Carolina State Fair (the friend I went with got one of these, forget which kind of candy bar she got), they had stuck candy bars on sticks, then rolled them in batter, then stuck them in a deep (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Trans-Yellow is NOT Trans-Anti-freeze, or Neon Green!!!

(...) It'd help if I gave a link, huh? (URL) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: How I learned to stop worrying and love the beef (was: What's the beef?)

(...) Fnord! (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Merits of Iceland (was Re: "humility"

(...) *And* they have some majorly kickin' 4 wheel drives. One of the carmags I read on airplanes had a "one lap around X" article which they do as a regular feature, and the X in this case was Iceland. They hooked up with an outfit called Artic (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: How I learned to stop worrying and love the beef (was: What's the beef?)

(...) Have you ever wondered why I only drink distilled water and rainwater, and only pure grain alcohol? Great script. Great cast. Great film. It is just a pity SK never made a sequal. :) Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: How I learned to stop worrying and love the beef (was: What's the beef?)

(...) No, it is third behind Orbital Mind Control Lasers and Robot Sea Monsters. They have more transferrable power I believe (but I didn't go check). (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  For the chemists...

WARNING: There are some sexual references, and other questionable bits, but it's all humourous! (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Hiroshima-Was It Necessary?

(...) I've never lived in MA so I have no idea if I am saying that or not. Besides I was up late last nite building and sorting so my brain is a bit mushy yet this morning. (note to Dan: I'm not talking to you and that was a humorous (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted

(...) How menacing. It must intimidate potential invading armies:) I have the black Tyco castle, but missing some parts. It has pink window frames, but other than that is pretty menacing. The boss minifig has only one eye (or maybe it is a helmet (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted

(...) A bunch of bits and pieces, but no whole sets. I have a Coko castle that looks like an ice cream parlor. Does that count? Dave! (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted

(...) A clone zealot, are you? Do you have the Tyco castles from the 80's? (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: I'm a member!

(...) history on your site -great thought and creativity! Changing the topic a little, is there an FAQ anywhere on how to take decent photos of mini-figs (as on Anthony's pages)? I'd love to do something similar with my own figs some day.... -Hendo (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Typo-Was It Necessary?

(...) Just couldn't let this one get past. I prefer walnuts with my ridicule!! 8?) ROSCO FUT: fun (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted

(...) Yeah, from what I've heard, they're just about as awful as they could be. The only mitigating factor might be merchandising rights; what company owns the minifig licensing? If it's not Playmates, then I can see why Intelli-Blox can't make (...) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  I'm a member!

Not that it really matters to a whole lot of people, but I'm an official Lugnet member now! Woohoo! :) --Anthony (URL) (23 years ago, 16-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general)

  Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted

(...) Well, that is a good point. It is pretty sad when one set of Intellibox or whatever for $30.00 has more bricks than the $189.00 combined Harry Potter universe on S@H. My favorite thing about Lego is the minifigs, and those sculpted (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted

(...) I'm not so sure. The Prancing Pony set seems to include more actual bricks than all the Potter sets combined. When was the last time LEGO released an actual structure made of actual bricks, rather than a handful of 1x2x5's, or the equivalent? (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Vegemit sighting in Northern California!

(...) ...like a Chevrolet El Camino. Psi (just giving an example in the interests of promoting international understanding) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Vegemit sighting in Northern California!

(...) There *must* be *somewhere* to get hold of it!!! (...) Nah, your SUVs are what we generally call 4 wheel drives. A ute is more like a station wagon with the back seat & trunk removed, and replaced with an open area for carrying stuff. Imagine (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact