 Off-Topic / Fun / 8134
Re: Can I trade my little sister for Lego? :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 06:08:26 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Paul Sinasohn writes:
OK, If Chris can do this, so can I:
On offer, to the best bid consisting wholely of Lego:
I have one little sister, single, age 28...

I just happened to come across this statement.
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/mdata.cgi?q=398_1&v=n
John Patterson:  "I will trade my wife, my mother, and one of my two
children, your choice, for this set"

<Looks in disbelief>

~What is wrong with the `AFOL?!?
Are you people mad!       ;)

Where are your priorities…

<Comes to his senses>

Incidentally, Paul Sinasohn’s asking price is a bit too much…
As far as selling people on the ‘black-market’ goes, I can get a whole
family for just one; 1978 398 U.S.S. Constellation-
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/398

Therefore, in light of this new evidence I'll offer you one semi-used TV, a
bucket of extra crispy chicken, and a Rolex watch.    (may not be genuine)

For transportation, can she be shipped via cargo so that the international
transportation costs are kept to a minimum.

      Happily awaiting his new big-sister to go along with the recently
acquired Patterson family,

                                              --==Richard==--

P.S. Is your sister aware of any of this?