 Off-Topic / Fun / 8007 (-20)
  Re: New Mecha: The Shikari

Study.. why yes! You must sit and watch 20 hours of continuous mecha action. Study material will include everything from Gundam Wing to Patlabor to Macross... Then, after that, proceed to watching another 20 hours and another and another... ;-) (...) (23 years ago, 22-Aug-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Be afraid...be VERY afraid...

The only operating system I have heard of NOT crashing is a Unix/Linux install if it's done right. Does the new MAC not crash? If the new MAC crashes, this thread is the usual boring Guy Kawasaki zombie crap. There are trade offs with everything -- (...) (23 years ago, 22-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Be afraid...be VERY afraid...

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Matthew Gerber writes: (snipped) (...) It is silly to think that Mac OS isn't already in some computer in most of these nations - I mean, when I was in Cuba in '96 thy had their computers in the hotel quite up to date. And (...) (23 years ago, 22-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Be afraid...be VERY afraid...

Classic, Matthew! I had heard that Apple was going to do this starting with the release of the G4, but I had not seen that actual document. Thanks for posting it. As a loyal Mac Addict myself, I am also considering switching to a less poswerful (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Be afraid...be VERY afraid...

OK...I admit it...I'm a Mac user, and damn proud of it. But today, I'm a little scared. It seems that Macintosh computers are just to powerful! Everyone remembers the "Supercomputer" commercials...the PowerMac runs calculations at the same giga-flop (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Aaah monorail :-D

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GICJCF.MDr@lugnet.com... (...) I gotta get used to posting to .trains. We had our first meeting yesterday, BTW. For a while, we were discussing buildings so much we thought of (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Aaah monorail :-D

(...) I know the feeling, opened one a few weeks back... nice feeling. (...) Ya baby, right on... except you should have posted your happiness to TRAINS. Monorails are *trains*, you know. Matters not that they have those silly space doohickeys on (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Proper usage of "LEGO"

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GI0zED.1vy@lugnet.com... (...) mentioned (...) to (...) about (...) I am pretty sure it is Lego Bricks, since they have a patent and all. -- Markham Carroll Who needs sanity when you (...) (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Visit to Johnson Space Center

In lugnet.space, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> The following are a few more pics taken by Skip and our host Terry (URL) they are a lot bigger and have no previews ++Lar (23 years ago, 19-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Visit to Johnson Space Center