 Off-Topic / Fun / 776
Re: Lego Creator Activity Book
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 00:52:53 GMT

Jeff Stembel <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote:
This reminds me:  How many here pick up on all or almost all misspellings in
books and stuff?  The sheer amount I see makes me wonder if it is just me, or
do publishers tend to employ bad editors?

I tend to be a bit sloppy in my usenet posts, but I really am a little
picky when it comes to spelling and grammar, not only in books and
magazines, but on the web as well, especially at so-called "news"
sites.

I honestly think the web and the way it makes it possible for everyone
with an ISP to become a "webmaster" contributes to this.

I cringe every time I read one of my computer news sites and have to
stop counting errors in the first few paragraphs or go insane.

I actually offered my services as an editor to a buddy who ran a
gaming new site once.  He declined and basically said that the number
of errors on his site were acceptable and even if they weren't they
wouldn't really matter since nobody really paid real attention to
them.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET