 Off-Topic / Fun / 7302
Re: Speculation on the 'July Surprise'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 11:40:10 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
In lugnet.trains, Dave Schuler writes:
What's the deal with this, anyway?  Outside of hardcore stoners, I've
never met anyone who actually like Scooby-Doo except in a vague, nostalgic
sort of way, kind of like the Flinstones.  I mean, does anyone have a
favorite Scooby-Doo episode?  "Yeah, I like that one with the ghost that
turns out to be a guy in a mask."

Scooby-Doo rocked!  I have a poster for it hanging in my hallway.
The episode I liked the best was the one with the phantom racecar.
I don't know why but some of the episodes actually scared me---I
must have been pretty young at the time... (yeah, that's it).

And yes, Daphne is hot.  But man did I ever hate Scrappy!

KDJ

Then you'll be pleased to hear that Sarah Michelle Gellar (of the late Buffy
the Vampire Slayer) has been cast as Daphne in the forthcoming live-action
film version.  Have a look at those outfits on www.imdb.com:
<http://us.imdb.com/EGallery?source=ss&group=0267913&photo=scoobphoto.jpg>

My favourite is not a Scooby-Doo episode - it's a Johnny Bravo episode,
where he breaks down and the gang give him a lift to his aunt's sPoOkY oLd
hOuSe.  There's a brilliant bit where Fred and Velma go off searching one
way.  Daphne winks at Fred, who quickly changes his mind and sends Velma off
with Scooby and Shaggy instead...  :-)

Later, Johnny finds out that they can all understand what the dog is saying.
He just turns to camera, raises one eyebrow, and says: "Jinkies".  Brilliant.

Jason J Railton