 Off-Topic / Fun / 7064
Re: A fun announcemert
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 17:56:04 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Brett Patterson writes:
Hello all,

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this or brought it up. If so I appologize
it advance. However, I thought it was interesting when I was looking at one
of my Alpha Team sets and noticed that the villian's name is Ogel. I looked
at it for a while and relised that it is Lego spelled backwards! I think it
is funny because Ogel is desribed as an evil person who wants to take over
the world. I wonder if who ever thought up the names was a disgrunted
employee, or just trying to do an in-joke? Oh well, it's still funny.

-Brett

In the instruction manual for the LEGO Island PC game, there is a history of
LEGO Island, in which the Infomaniac tells how he created the Brickster.
They were best friends until one day when the Brickster turned against the
Infomaniac. On page 21 we read "The Brickster ran away with some bricks and
built his own island called OGEL and he occasionally returns to LEGO Island
to steal more bricks." Hmm...could the Alpha Team's Evil Ogel have started
his career as the Brickster!

Ken