 Off-Topic / Fun / 7063
Re: Language Barrier
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 17:33:46 GMT

Dave Schuler wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Selçuk Göre writes:

I think my phrase was quite open, although I'm not a native english
speaker and screw up saying the exact words quite frequently.

  No fair claiming "non-native speaker" status--your English is better than
some of my coworkers, and at least as good as most of us here.
  I'm always taken aback when someone from outside the US reveals that he or
she isn't a native speaker, because often it's not apparent until the
revelation is made.  In contrast, and thanks to my own intensive language
training, I can almost ask in Spanish for directions to the bathroom.  Bravo
non-native speakers!

     Dave!

Thanks for the nice compliment Dave, but I know what I'm..:-) Actually,
typing a message is much more easy since I can review what I've just
said, but I'm really bad especially while speaking..:-(

By the way, all of you have a great share in my current level of
English, since all this usenet (RTL, I mean) and Lugnet thing have been
a great boost in my (at least) written English..:-)

Selçuk

PS. Do you know any other native English speakers with a "ç" and "ö" in
their name?..:-)