 Off-Topic / Fun / 6365
Re: King, Queen & Jack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 16:29:34 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Scott Arthur writes:
Not persuaded? Try this one - the question in each test is: "Can both
statements be true at the same time?"

Hmm... By my read, you probably meant to say in each statement that those
were the ONLY things on the table? Otherwise I find that only the last test
has two conflicting statements.

DaveE

Test 1

There is a pin and/or a bolt on the table, or else there is a bolt and a
nail on the table.

There is a bolt and a nail on the table

Test 2

There is a pin and/or a bolt on the table, or else there is a bolt and a
nail on the table.

There is a pin and a bolt on the table

Test 3

There is a pin and/or a bolt on the table, or else there is a bolt and a
nail on the table.

There is a nail but no bolt on the table

Test 4

There is a pin and/or a bolt on the table, or else there is a bolt and a
nail on the table.

There is no pin and no bolt on the table