 Off-Topic / Fun / 6336
Re: All The Money In The World
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 19:58:21 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jon Kozan writes:

But if you measure "the total money available" as the whatever represents
money
- such as your money order - then there is no limit to the money available in
the world. Both peices of paper such as your money order and any other object
(or person), or concept, can, in theory at least, be exchanged for the real
money, so their is no limit to "the total money available."

So in essence my question was phrased incorrectly--there isn't  $1000
available in Boombaville; there's $1000 in printed cash, but there's no
limit on "actual money."  Got it.

Much as it is in the real world - little cash - lots of representatives of
cash.

Cool!  That goes along nicely with my plan to start Xeroxing $100 bills in
quantity.  Nobody looks at serial numbers, right?

That would be unethical (which, I believe, is another thread)...
However, it is also illegal - and we could debate the reasons why our society
has chosen to make such activity illegal, or anything illegal for that matter.

Any takers?

-Jon  :-) (debates within debates) (time to cross-post?)