 Off-Topic / Fun / 6320
6319  |  6321
Subject:
All The Money In The World
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 16:35:17 GMT

Hypothetical:

I live in Boombaville, a closed economic community in which the total money
available equals $1000 and where money orders cost $.50.  Having closed an
auction deal with an AFOL in a distant part of Boombaville, I proceed to the
post office to buy my money order.  I walk in with $10.50 and walk out with
a ten-dollar money order negotiable for trade and purchase.

  I might be missing something simple, but it seems to me that I've
increased the net dollar amount in the community by $10.  In any case, this
would be temporary money, since it will cease to exist after my fellow AFOL
cashes it, but what about in the meantime?

  Dave!