 Off-Topic / Fun / 5926
Re: Spoilers (was: Re: F1, Ferrari and the 8458)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 22:37:01 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeff Christner writes:
[...]
not to spoil the outcome for those who haven't seen the event yet. If
I would have come across this message in my newsreader, I wouldn't
have read it guessing that it might have something to do with today's
F1 race, but to those who use the web interface, a spoiler given in
the first few lines is unavoidable.

Last time I checked, if you include an ASCII #12 (Page Feed) character in your
post, then the "Brief" mode displays will chop everything past this when
displaying.  ASCII #12 (Ctrl-L on some keyboards) has a long-established Usenet
tradition for putting spoilers on a second page.

--Todd