 Off-Topic / Fun / 5925
5924  |  5926
Subject:
Spoilers (was: Re: F1, Ferrari and the 8458)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 22:28:18 GMT

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000 08:09:19 GMT, "marco berti" <arcmberti@dinet.it>
wrote:

Our beloved Ferrari won the F1 championship with a great Schumaker !

That was great :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I am sorry to live to far from Maranello to hear the bells signing the victory,
but may be Mario had the chance to hear it :)

What a pity for the Lego group that did not believed in the Ferrari chance to
win and  made the Silver Champion: now they can start to think about the "would
be sales" lost for a stupid silver color ... or they may bring back in
production the 2256 ... or it was all planned to sell more 8448 just for the
red "stilish" pieces needed to convert the 8458 to the righ color !

Marco

Every few days I browse LUGNET via the web interface instead of my
newsreader, today was one of those days.

I always find interesting things in groups that I don't normally
subscribe to. I do subscribe to lugnet.off-topic.fun in my newsreader,
but it only shows the title of the message instead of the first few
lines of text that the web interface also shows and there lies the
problem.

I was looking foward to watching the GP today from Japan. I'm not the
biggest F1 fan in the US by any means, but it's my favorite type of
auto racing to watch. When I came across this message via the web
interface it was the last thing I expected to see, a spoiler about a
race that didn't even air here yet. The race aired here in the Eastern
US on Fox Sports about 8 hours after this message was posted. I'm glad
that Ferrari and Michael Schumaker pulled it off, but there was no
suspense today, I already knew the outcome.

Now, I know not to read any of the racing newsgroups/discussion groups
on a day that there is a race, but LUGNET is the last place I thought
would have a spoiler about an F1 race.

I would ask that if any other off-topic events come up that attract a
large audience, a spoiler space or warning should be inserted so as
not to spoil the outcome for those who haven't seen the event yet. If
I would have come across this message in my newsreader, I wouldn't
have read it guessing that it might have something to do with today's
F1 race, but to those who use the web interface, a spoiler given in
the first few lines is unavoidable.

Jeff Christner

Visit Sixby Fire Tech at - http://members.aol.com/regult/

Help support my LEGO habit. Ship by rail.
Visit http://www.nscorp.com/ to find out how.