 Off-Topic / Fun / 5875
Re: Architecture project 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 00:38:20 GMT

In lugnet.build.arch, Bram Lambrecht writes:
Right now, this is a non-LEGO project, so please FUP .o-t.fun

Hey all,
I'm working on an artist's studio with living quarters for my second
architecture class project.  The building is 40x40ft, and perched on a
slope which becomes a beach on Lake Erie.  Here are a couple variations:
Any favorites?  We're supposed to be "collaborating" with some known • architect;
I chose Le Corbusier.  Here are some pics of one of his more famous buildings:
http://www.bc.edu/bc_org/avp/cas/fnart/Corbu.html
Thoughts, suggestions?
I may eventually POV-Ray the floor plan too, but I'm not done developing it.
--Bram

I like 3a/3b the best.  Nice curve, more open, lets more light in.  Natural
light would be important to an artist?
Second choice would be 1a/1b. Like the circle being complete. More privacy in
entrance area.  An artist would value privacy? Maybe living area is located
near entrance and a more closed area would be better?
Is there only one entrance? Do building codes require 2?
Is part of your project how the structure is oriented on the land?
Do you need to take into account N/S/E/W exposure and the Quality of light and
time of day light comes into the building?  Did Le Corbusier have a favorite
way of orienting his buildings - windows/entrance facing a certain direction
predominately, certain way of placing windows on specific sides to control
amount and angle of light which penetrates and illuminates inside of
structure...?
Off Lake Erie, wind could be factor.  Orientation of open triangle corner
would need to take both direction of sun and wind?
I like your work.  It will be interesting to see the final structure.

sheree