 Off-Topic / Fun / 5802
Re: 2001 SW line-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 18:18:36 GMT

Adam,

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
Adam,

You don't like secular rap? Do you like Christian rap? Or no rap at • all.

I do like some Christian rap, I like T-bone, Gospel Ganstas, etc. I think
they are definately a part of the ministry, because a lot of people like
rap. I am not to into it too much as of yet. I feel all music is • something
to somebody, and some people like coutnry, rock, contemporary, gospel,
alternative, hard rock, etc. Christian music is becoming very diverse, • and
if you like a certain kind of music, you can find bands that do that • music,
with a good, postive message as opposed to all the trash in secular rap
today. Secular rap, with all of it's outrageous and flamboyuent artists,
trash lyrics (sex, killing, etc.), swearing, etc. are just wasted CD's, • as
far as I am concerned, if you like it, that's your business, but I • certainly
don't. (Not in favor of censorship, BTW) But please play it at a decent
level so I can't sing along with it a mile away?

I guess I am more interested in the lyrics, songs, and some beat to the
music as opposed to a certain kind of music. Well, that's that! : )

How about to each his own? That would make it simpler. I love 4 hours of
sleep, really! : )

Scott,
Good points. Have you heard of P.O.D.? In the same genre of music as Korn • or
Limp Bizkit, they're easily some of the most talented musicians/rappers in • the
ministry. They're rapidly gaining popularity all over the world, regularly
featured on MTV's Total Request Live. I just can't say enough good things
about those guys.

Hmm, I will have to check them out. I don't go near MTV anymore, too liberal
/ leftist / sex crazed / atheist for my tastes, but I am glad some good
stuff is on there. Sigh, I really need to get my music tastes pages up,
filled with all of my favorite groups. If I Left the Zoo from Jars of Clay
is good, I just got a Supertones Chase the Sun and Sonic Flood CD too, which
are both really good. I will definately check them out, thanks for the
info! : )

Scott S.
--
Soon to be Black & Veatch Employee: http://www.bv.com
Want LEGO Parts at Great Prices? Visit The Sanburn Systems Company!