 Off-Topic / Fun / 5504
Re: Urban legends and Sluggy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 20:03:38 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:
I'm not very Sluggish(1) yet, I just am up to Jan 98, but I'm already sensing
that the Bunster can and *will* take ANYTHING, eventually.

...Or that Bun-Bun takes *nothing*, not from anyone.  ;-)

Maybe not without some collateral damage to bystanders, but "you gotta problem
with that, bud?"

I love McKeegan's line from the movie _Vendetta_ -- "NOBODY likes to see
innocent people hurt in the way of justice...but I guess there are worse
things."

Ouch.  :-,

1 - as in I haven't yet figured out why it's called "Sluggy" Freelance, who or
what is Sluggy? "I see no Sluggy here", as they say.

I dunno about the general population, but it describes very well the state of
mind that I'm in after reading the comic.  It's kinda like ferret shock, but
with a mini-lop twist.  Many a time I've been on the freeway, when a suddenly
remembered punchline nearly sends me off the road.  The web site ought to carry
a disclaimer:  "WARNING:  After reading the nifty comic, do not operate heavy
machinery, drive, take history exams, or vote before letting the violently
euphoric mood swings dissapate."

Cheers,
- jsproat