 Off-Topic / Fun / 5020
Re: Roller Coaster Season is upon us!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 22:52:57 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:
[snip]
this is true... airtime rules. I swear, I got good airtime in the front car on
the Beast, though, especially when it was just starting to rain and they
haven't closed it yet.

The Beast remains my #2 woodie (1), because it bit me. Only coaster ever to do
that, so I respect it.

1 - after Giant Dipper, Santa Cruz CA Beach Boardwalk. (Never rode the Cyclone
but I spect it might be up there)

++Lar

Sorry, the Beast ranks much lower on my scale.  Its a huge conception, but too
much dead time, and helixes don't really thrill me.

Son of Beast is carrying on the helix tradition in a big way. But is also
adding a loop - interesting thing is there is a huge break before the loop, but
then mechanisms to speed up the train to ensure the train is going 62 MPH to
make the loop?  Makes no sense to me.

If you read RRC, there's a guy who has a ton of pics of the SOB construction on
his website.

But as often as you are in the NYC area, I'm surprised you've never ventured
out to ride the Cyclone.

Ed "Boxer" Jones - who grew up riding:

Idora Park - Wildcat and Jack Rabbit
Geauga Lake - Big Dipper
Conneaut Lake Park - Blue Streak
Cedar Point - Blue Streak (its been years).  Last time I was at CP, Gemini was
new, Corkscrew was only a few years old, they still had a Jumbo Jet and the
Wildcat and Fun House were where Disaster Transport is now.