 Off-Topic / Fun / 4928
  Interjections

(...) Why is it that I only see this word in newsgroups and email, or on the Scrabble board? I have never actually heard anyone utter this sound. FUT .o-t.fun for lack of a better place. (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.dear-lego) !

  Re: Interjections

(...) Is it really an interjection, without an exclamation point? ;) I say "feh" all the time--it's an old Groening-ism from "Life in Hell" for me, c.1983 or so. I don't know where else it comes from, but he had to get it from somewhere. best LFB (25 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Interjections

(...) Feh. :-, I'm also prone to saying "oy vey"...as in "A crucifix? Oy vey, have you got the wrong vampire!" Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Interjections

(...) Doesn't count. It's still in print, not in my ear. Nyah, nyah! ;-P I think Lindsay (and why do I want to call him Leslie?) said it comes from "Life in Hell", which used to be better than it is now. Or maybe I'm thinking of Akbar and Jeff as (...) (25 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)