 Off-Topic / Fun / 4933
Re: Interjections
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 21:20:59 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Sproaticus wrote:

Susan Hoover wrote:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Jeff Johnston wrote:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Richard Marchetti writes:
Feh.
Why is it that I only see this word in newsgroups and email, or on
the Scrabble board?  I have never actually heard anyone utter this
sound.

Feh.  :-,

Doesn't count.  It's still in print, not in my ear.  Nyah, nyah!  ;-P
I think Lindsay (and why do I want to call him Leslie?) said it comes
from "Life in Hell", which used to be better than it is now.  Or maybe
I'm thinking of Akbar and Jeff as the one that I don't like.  What's
the comic with the two fez-wearing guys who spend 15 panels staring
silently at each other only to say something like "that's what I love
about you" in the last panel?

I'm also prone to saying "oy vey"...as in "A crucifix?  Oy vey, have
you got the wrong vampire!"

Now, "oy vey" I have heard.  I have also seen a misguided person spell
it "oh vey" whilst pronouncing it properly.

--
Susan Hoover
Houston, TX