 Off-Topic / Fun / 4841
Re: 1950's LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 00:24:31 GMT

5005, 5006, 5007 "Legottown" houses, where each set comes in Pepto-pink, Mint-
reen and Peach, so you can alternate styles and colors.

5913 El Dorado, a pink Cadillac with huge fins (this is the car that set off
the 4-wide vs 6-wide controversy) it's 4 studs wide and 32 long! Comes with
Frank Sinatra minifig.

5920 "Rat Pack" Lounge this deluxe playset comes with the entire Rat Pack;
Frankie, Dino, Sammy, and the exclusive Joey Bishop 'fig! (the Dean Martin
'fig has a special hand with martini glass moulded in).

That's all I have for now.

-Cheese

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Robert M. Dye writes:
I think we really missed out on something wonderful, what with not having
had themed LEGO (such as Star Wars) during the 50's.  Think of the great
stuff Samsonite could have produced:

5472 Leave it to Beaver Playset.  327 pieces. Includes pearl necklace/vacuum
cleaner combination for June Lockheart minifig, sneering Eddie Haskell, and
Theodore "Beaver" Cleaver. Coffee cup billboard sold seperately.

5363 Red Scare. 24 pieces.  Enjoy intimidating your own famous Hollywood
minifigs.  "Have you now, or have you ever been, a Megablok?" Includes
cassette recording of "Have you no shame?" for playing in the background.

7865 Eisenhower White House.  Everything is fine. Just fine.

Okay, so these are pretty lame.  I'm sure SOMEONE in this group can do
something really funny with this.

Rob

--My best reply address is robdye@writeme.com