 Off-Topic / Fun / 478
  Re: Top ten useless Lego pieces (and how to use them...)

(...) I wouldn't count hinge-plates in pairs, because there are a fair number of elements with 2- or 3-finger hinges which aren't paired -- the control lever (rod with end-stud and 3-finger hinge), the robot finger (3L rod with 3-finger hinge at one (...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Top ten useless Lego pieces (and how to use them...)

(...) a (...) a (...) the (...) OK Point well taken. I was speaking strictly from the instance where the hinges are used in pairs. I can see not including the mating hinge half when using it with other elements, but my opinion remains unchanged when (...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Top ten useless Lego pieces (and how to use them...)

(...) Ah, NOW i get it. Is this it? "Suppose you have a model that for artistic reasons should have blue white hinges. Fine. Make one blue end the 2 end and the other blue end the 3 end, when possible. Ditto for white Then the builder later has one (...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Top ten useless Lego pieces (and how to use them...)

(...) Correctamundo (...) I can see their point in the manufacturing/packaging processes. With their volume though, the added costs should be minimal. Think about the variety of parts in many of their sets. I could argue this point for quite a while (...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Top ten useless Lego pieces (and how to use them...)

(...) Not to mention what it would do to their molding production runs... The 'hinge runs' are relatively small (hinges aren't *that* common), and alternating colors would give them twice as many hinge runs, each at half the size. Steve (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)