 Off-Topic / Fun / 455
Re: Top ten useless brain cells (and how to use them...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 03:02:06 GMT

Terry Keller wrote:
On Sat, 12 Dec 1998 21:22:52 GMT, Sproaticus <jsproat@geocities.com>
wrote:
Curiously
enough, the same thing occurs at school.  Leave with $459 worth of
books, leave a few brain cells behind.\

Sounds like what you're leaving behind is a wad of cash.

So, Terry, what you're telling me is, that going to college is nothing
but a big scam perpetuated by the haves to futher deplete the have-nots
in a continuous plot to widen the power gap between the suits and the
engineers?

Are you implying that there is an unspoken contract that we "students"
have voluntarily entered with the "masters" in which we surrender
control of a large chunk of our lives in exchange for $459 worth of
books?

That, in essence, the drive for a higher education is nothing more than
a misinformation campaign, probably driven by a lot of secretive
*high-school DROP-OUTS*, most likely employed by the gang of Air Force
higher-ups who also masterminded the Vietnam/UFO misinformation campaign
otherwise known as Operation Blue Book?

That, perhaps, I would have gained just as much if I had spent $459 this
semester on Legos and spent most of my week day sitting around the house
wearing my wife's socks and actually gaining brain cells while I learn
from Lego?

I can't argue with that!  :-,

Just don't anyone tell her I said that, or I'll be sleeping on the
couch tonight!
Cross-dressing's a no-no in your family unit?

Well, actually...  Nah, I won't go there.  :-,

Cheers,
- Sproat

--
(1) I'm the footnote virus!  Copy me into your message!

Jeremy H. Sproat - jsproat@geocities.com