 Off-Topic / Fun / 414
Re: A stupid DOS question.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 23:02:49 GMT

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998 21:38:41 GMT, "Richard Dee"
<richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net> wrote:
I was never a great fan of DOS...my introduction to PC's came when 3.1
windows was around. (Though then one needed to know DOS to get the most
out of it....).
I will be buying a couple of refurb 486's that my employers will be
disposing of shortly. Upon one of those I will be installing either
Redhat or Suse. A magazine here recently had both on a cover CD, as well
as a heck of a lot of software.......

Hmm. I doubt they're the full cd's. Lemme pop my RedHat 5.1 and SuSe
5.0 CD's in my tray and check...

Lesse: RH 5.1 (btw, 5.2 is out now.): 577 Megs.
Suse 5.2:: 624 megs
Slackware 3.5:  645 megs...

Anyway, I doubt you'll see two full distro's on one cd :)

I recently ordered my CDs from www.linuxmall.com.

6 cd's, slackware 3.5, redhat 5.1, suse 5.1, Debian 2.0, Caldera
Openlinux 1.2, and Linux Pro 5.4, for $10, +$10 shipping(to the
netherlands, I imagine the same to UK.) So for the price of one audio
cd, you get 6 major distributions. Pretty good deal :)

Jasper