 Off-Topic / Fun / 415
Re: A stupid DOS question.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 01:55:51 GMT

Richard Dee <richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net> wrote:
I will be buying a couple of refurb 486's that my employers will be
disposing of shortly. Upon one of those I will be installing either
Redhat or Suse. A magazine here recently had both on a cover CD, as well
as a heck of a lot of software.......

Go with RedHat.  For the novice the installation can't be beat.  I'm
still a novice, so I can say that.  I'm waiting a few weeks for
Linuxppc to come out with R5.  I'll order it then and put it on my G3
at work so I can at least dual-boot into a real OS on the left side of
my desk.  My PC tri-boots Win98/NT4/Linux.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide