 Off-Topic / Fun / 411
Re: A stupid DOS question.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 21:38:41 GMT

Didn't PC-DOS have a bunch of really cool features that MS-DOS never
had, such as reliable task-switching and reliable disk compression,
among other things?

Yes.

If you _really_ want a command line interface that runs on pretty
modest comps, install Linux. Slackware 3.4 works off of 4 megs, even,
with some fiddling. Actually, my sentiments run more like: ewwww. DOS.

I was never a great fan of DOS...my introduction to PC's came when 3.1
windows was around. (Though then one needed to know DOS to get the most
out of it....).
I will be buying a couple of refurb 486's that my employers will be
disposing of shortly. Upon one of those I will be installing either
Redhat or Suse. A magazine here recently had both on a cover CD, as well
as a heck of a lot of software.......

richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/