 Off-Topic / Fun / 4081
  Re: Newest cars from Detroit

(...) Well, nothing named Honda can ever be luxury <nudgenudgewinkwink>. (...) Don't use the UK prices to compare with the US, though. The UK is hideously overpriced by even European standards. UKers can go to the Netherlands by Eurotunnel, order a (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Newest cars from Detroit

(...) That is why they give it an Acura nameplate like Toyota/Lexus (...) Yes, I completely understand the UK is the higest price, but Finland (not Sweeden) is the lowest price and still more expensive. Denmark has the higest price American cars. (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Newest cars from Detroit

(...) I don't think we get either of those nameplates here in Europe. Not in .nl, anyway. (...) Well, duh. Cadillacs aren't manufactured in Europe, shipping costs are huge. Let's use something Ford-branded for comparison, they're available over here (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Newest cars from Detroit

(...) Yes, but that is my point. Land Rover's are made in the UK yet are still cheaper in the US. A Mercedes-Benz E430 cost $10,000 less in the US than in Germany, even though it is made in Germany (or Austria, depends on if you order RWD or 4WD). (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)