 Off-Topic / Fun / 3624
Re: Got my Battle Droid!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 06:47:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Eugene Ipavec writes:
Although it is about time for a neo-websterian reform.
Can you imagine how many man-hours would be saved if we swithched from PHs to
F's in phlegm and phlegmatic and pharisee and such. Well, not that many, but • it
would be nice anyway.

Yes, indeed, Pharisee is such a HEAVILY used word, we might save a whole • person
day a decade!

:-)

++Lar

Hey now, I use that term quite often, although it is almost always spoken.  It
is a wonderful insult to people who think they are better than somebody else
and have a holier than thou attitude, which makes me sick.

Now phlegmatic is one I would not use very often.

I always thought that QU should just become Q and that C can be replaced by K
or S in any instance.  My personal belief is that a new language will need to
be created if interstellar travel is ever attempted.  It would need to be
deciphered as easily as possible, have no exceptions to the rule and be based
in binary (as opposed to base 10) for numbering systems.

Mike Poindexter

(And yes, I told a teacher that a person could count to 1023 on their fingers
when I was a kid.  Once a nerd, always a nerd.)