 Off-Topic / Fun / 3619
Re: Got my Battle Droid!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 01:05:25 GMT

Selçuk <teyyareci> <sgore@nospam.superonline.com> wrote in message
news:FLEFop.7DE@lugnet.com...
This is actually all I wonder about English Language. If you can read and
write it as "teknik" (this is the word both written and read in Turkish,
which means technical) why you use those unnecessary letters  such as in
word "technic"? It's really strange that letters changing their
pronunciations with their positions in the words and their neighboring
letters..:-)

It's just the joys of living with a language that's 40% French, 25% German
(or the other way around), and a little of just about everything else.  We
don't like to change stuff very often.  Consider our refusal to convert to
metric.

Actually, it's a secret ploy by The Man to make language acquisition as
difficult as possible in order to facilitate socio-economic stratification
and the preservation of the status quo.  But don't tell anyone.

Jesse