 Off-Topic / Fun / 3587
Re: Lugnet Loves Cats!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 08:04:24 GMT

   Cats:  Foul minions of evil, horrible, finger-lickin'-unpleasant things!  (IMHO)

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Patricia Schempp wrote:

Cats themselves do not smell,

Oh, I dunno, our cats do occasionally pass some mean wind... and then
leave the room because they know they stank it up. That's cruel.

I've known cats like that.  Those are also the same ones that you're convinced *must*
have an eyeball in their anus, because that's the part that's always peeking around
the corner.

but if you don't clean
the litter box it will smell.  This however is your fault.

4 cats means it needs to be cleaned daily, or pretty close. So why do
they go stink it up as soon as we clean it???

I've also got to point out the little "spraying" problem that some cats seem to have;
there is a definite smell to them, and I can usually tell immediately if a cat lives
in a house, before seeing a single cat hair.  While I know more cats who mess nastily
in forbidden areas, I also know cats who can use the toilet and flush it (a bizarre
thing to see), so it may vary from cat to cat.

I really don't
understand evil and cruel, I prefer cats but I don't think any animal is evil
and cruel.  Evil and cruel are purely human traits.  Animals are just trying to
survive.

So you've never seen a cat catch a mouse, then toy with it, torturing it
to death? I have. I stand behind my assertion, they are cruel. And
cruelty is evil.

Now don't get me wrong, I am amused by cats and I won't have a dog in my
house at all, too smelly and too helpless, but nonetheless I am going to
make sure that the cat lovers don't get away with the whole "sweetness
and light" bit. This IS off-topic.fun right? :-)

Oooh!  Oooh!  Fun?  Can I turn it into a Gender Issue™?  Please?  I'll just bring up
the saying that I can't remember the attribution of, but which still strikes me as
generally true in mood:

"Women love cats.  Men say they love cats, but when women aren't looking, men kick
cats."

Now, I wouldn't kick a cat, but I don't like cats unless they act "doggy."  The only
cats that have fit this bill have been what I call "amoebacats"--the amorphous masses
of cat, usually neutered and 7-8 years in age, that slowly undulate around a home (or
not).  These things sometimes even have a perceptible cat head or a cat leg sticking
out here or there, but it's hard to confirm, because they end up nearly flush to the
floor from all the hair.  It's eating that makes them truly amoebic; they almost
engulf their dishes and sort of sit "over" the food bowl, giving the unnerving
spectacle of a crunching, vibrating mass of fur sitting in the kitchen.  They do make
good lap cats, however, and they're easy to catch--but one must be patient to get
them to fetch.  :(

best,

LFB