 Off-Topic / Fun / 3585
Re: Lugnet Loves Cats!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 06:24:14 GMT

Patricia Schempp wrote:

Cats themselves do not smell,

Oh, I dunno, our cats do occasionally pass some mean wind... and then
leave the room because they know they stank it up. That's cruel.

but if you don't clean
the litter box it will smell.  This however is your fault.

Point taken, although actually it's Josette's fault, not mine. Part of
the deal on pets in our house is that I never ever ever ever have to do
anything to take care of them, except provide the money.

4 cats means it needs to be cleaned daily, or pretty close. So why do
they go stink it up as soon as we clean it???

I really don't
understand evil and cruel, I prefer cats but I don't think any animal is evil
and cruel.  Evil and cruel are purely human traits.  Animals are just trying to
survive.

So you've never seen a cat catch a mouse, then toy with it, torturing it
to death? I have. I stand behind my assertion, they are cruel. And
cruelty is evil.

Now don't get me wrong, I am amused by cats and I won't have a dog in my
house at all, too smelly and too helpless, but nonetheless I am going to
make sure that the cat lovers don't get away with the whole "sweetness
and light" bit. This IS off-topic.fun right? :-)