 Off-Topic / Fun / 2875
Re: dumb laws
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 14:53:16 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

t7po pounce (realise that the pounce-ee is a E2Ler) (1)

Forgot a footnote... put it ....................HERE ^^^^^

1 - E2Ler is from IBMTEXT NITPICK jargon and means "English as a 2nd
Language"er or "a person who is not a native english speaker, and
therefore to be forgiven the odd lapse..."

NITPICK was a truly vicious forum, if you ever made ANY mistake you got
shredded for it in short order. All in good clean fun, of course (if you
didn't want to play, you didn't post there).

I inflicted a few minor flesh wounds but came away with some truly
grevious ones inflicted by others.

All threads had to *start* with an alleged error spotted in some
official IBM publication or officially released pronouncement... but
they typically quickly degenerated into a slugfest of people pointing
out errors in the way the original error post was written.

If you could survive NITPICK you were a pretty good writer!

We don't do that level of picking here, I at least, only pick on grammar
or spelling of posts when I think it makes a good pun or funny, never to
maliciously correct or hurt(or at least I hope not! someone flame me if
you think differently (2) ).

2 - not to be confused with "think different" which is just plain
incorrect.

lugnet.