 Off-Topic / Fun / 2871
2870  |  2872
Subject:
Just bought a Sega Dreamcast for $109.97 includding shipping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 22:13:52 GMT

Well, this isn't Lego-related, and it IS fun, so I'm posting it here.
Didn't get any response to my earlier DVD-deal post, but I hope
someone benefitted from it.  I know my friends and I did - my average
price per DVD is still $7.05.

Anyway, on to this issue.

*Disclaimer - I don't know the origins of this deal, I just know I
found out about it and, before I decided to tell anyone else about it,
actually tried it myself.  So if it doesn't work for you, please don't
be mad - sometimes these things get cancelled right out of the blue. *

Rather than try to explain all the details, go here:

http://www.guarded-inn.com/dvd/

and click on the ULTRA-COOL Deal link.  Read that and follow the
instructions.

I know 5 people so far, including myself, who have signed up for
accounts at ValueAmerica and used this promotion to get Dreamcasts for
$109.97 including shipping.  Now you don't have to get a Dreamcast -
you can get anything you want, but I wanted a Dreamcast.

Upon further investigation it looks like the promotion is actually a
50% off promotion with a maximum value of $100.  So you have to spend
$200 to get $100 off, but I would imagine you could buy a $100 item
and get $50 off.

But why do that when you could get a Dreamcast and Soul Caliber (the
only reason I'm buying it) so cheap?

Anyway, hope that helps some game-loving and/or cheap person.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/