 Off-Topic / Fun / 2352
Re: My Starcruiser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 16:16:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Tom McDonald wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
As I recall, the Opoptians changed their eating habits by succumbing to a
fatal dose of food poisoning from ingesting too many nitrogen-based oxygen
compounds.  The last Opoptian's last words were spoken in the Hyper-Mayo
clinic, and went something to the effect of "can you give me more spamcake
plea...ack".
You did know that the DOP was implicated in that, didn't you? And it wasn't
the Opoptians, you silly, it was the Yrmbul that went ape-poo over spamcake
and croaked. That's what you get when you have a collective-metabolism-based
form of society. All it takes is one mouthful of slop by some stupid idiot • and
everyone ends up toast :P  The Opoptians now exclusively consume marmalade.

"Collective metabolism"?

ROTFLMDO!
=======^=== What's the D for? Don't make me guess now.

Yes, the Yrmbul were an semi-amoeba-like life form that routinely used
cellular fission and fusion which allowed individuals to physically separate
from the societal biomass for short periods in order to later rejoin and bring
back food. This was rather advantageous after the first few millenia as the
biomass became rather huge. Their first contact with the outside was with an
exploration team that thought the planet to be lifeless, as the natives were
boron-based life forms that didn't register as such on sensors. One night
while straying away from their summer camp, several timid Yrmbul teenagers had
fused in order to more boldly investigate one of the landing party whom they
startled into dumping his meal of pastrami which, as you might know, is the
most sensual of all the cured meats. The path was downhill from there.

You've forgotten the whole nanowave rights issue.  The topic here isn't the
reproduction rate of nanowave weapons (though that's entertaining to watch
in and of itself, and paying to watch nanowave devices reproduce is still
legal in some portions of the Inner Upsilon Vector)
Ah yes, the red-light vector. Gotta be careful: a tractor beam nearly pulled
me right into a "theatre" there once.

Yah, yah, we've heard your "tractor beam defense" before!  :-,

"That's right, your honor -- some Red Lectroid in front of me ran the red
light and pulled me after him with a tractor beam, causing me to side-swipe
the star buggy of the guy who owed me 15,000 credits.  Yes, your honor, it
did happen three times."

You saw that Judge Mills Lane episode?

I still don't believe the nanowave critters are sentient. IMO, it's all • just a
clever marketing scheme akin to pet rocks, gigapets and nimflitters.

Please take that back.  My gigapet is now in the corner crying.  He's so
*hard* to exercise when he pouts like that.

Here's my emotional counselor's number on Vega 6:
012-1-72390857239876523-0865472876238764398769876209850234875551212

when replying, I will be sending my apprentice, Darth Spamcake...

Good thing there's only two...  :-P

But there's *always* two - can't get rid of them! It's a regular Sith Lord
conveyor belt!

-Tom McD.
when replying, "I am as constant as the northern spamcake..."