 Off-Topic / Fun / 2289
    Re: Lord of the Rings —John Neal
    (...) ~~~...~~~ ??? Wow. I loved it. 'Course, I read Jurassic Park years before it became a movie, and Lost World. Movies can't do justice to the books on which they are based [1], but they do a good job of graphically portraying the characters, (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: Lord of the Rings —Jeremy H. Sproat
     (...) I kinda liked the book (loved JP), but I saw the movie first, and what a bad first impression. The good guys were making mistakes no sane person would make, half the movie was obviously filmed to sell the toys, the physics were all bad, what (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: Lord of the Rings —Jasper Janssen
   (...) Well, the movie did have one advantage over the book: It didn't have to start the very first scene with the apalling retcon of how Ian (?) the mathemagician really _isn't_ dead. Other than that... both the book and the movie, even compared to (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)