 Off-Topic / Fun / 2143
  Re: A young start?

Hmmm. My 2nd grade teacher wondered on my final report card, "shouldn't he be on medication?":-p And that was back before the wonder drug Ritalin ('68). -John (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: A young start?

(...) Have Have the the drugs drugs taken taken effect effect yet? yet? (...) Hmm, some wonder drug. :-) This is interesting: (URL) the part about kids grinding up their Ritalin tablets into a powder and snorting it. If the facts there are straight, (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  (canceled)

  Re: A young start?

(...) It's very often the *teacher* who 'diagnoses' a child as ADD, ADHD, Hyperactive, etc. They'd rather have a class full of quiet, compliant children, than a class full of kids trying to live up to their potential. But the parents are foolish (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: A young start?

(...) Ahh, so the teachers are simply getting annoyed because they can't keep the interest up? Yeah, better to install brainwave dampers on the "problem" kids than to give them something interesting to think about. :-) (...) Sigh. :-( (...) Yeah, I (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: A young start?

(...) Hmm.. Around here, my personal experience about hyperactive kids tends to suiggest that 90% of the time it's an allergy, usually to coloring agents. Now, I dunno how real life in the US is, but the imported stuff we get from over there is (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate)