 Off-Topic / Fun / 2138
Re: The Ultimate --Lego-- Warship?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 16:32:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Paul Baulch writes:
This second question in particular, vexes me day and
night. Where are all of our slopey bits?!?!?

Believe it or not, they're now marketing a box which is just the slopey bits
from Alpha Bits.  In fact, I think that's the title, "Just Slopey Bits".  You
can probably expect to get a 2-3 hour sugar high, by sniffing an opened box.
I don't know how they got it past the FDA.

There is a recent lawsuit which made the papers, where a Michigan woman
was munching on a box of Just Slopey Bits while driving, hit a turtle on the
road while she was rummaging around the contents of the open box, and crushed
the box in her arms.  The resulting artificially-colored, sugary dust cloud
enveloped her head and caused severe burns to the insides of her sinus
passages.  There was NO WARNING on the box.  She turned around and sued
General Mills for $19 million for criminally negligent printing, and
Kellog's for $3.5 million for being in the same state, and that guy on the
river for $1.5 million for using up all the good words.  God bless America.

..We were talking breakfast cereals, right?  :-P

Cheers,
- jsproat