 Off-Topic / Fun / 2132
Re: non- shooting shooting cannons?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 14:06:53 GMT

Here is my 36 lira (about $0.02)...

The lady who spilled coffee had to have skin grafts because the coffee was
approximately 160 degrees.  It gave her MASSIVE burns.  When you feel how hot
a hot tub is, just remember that they are 104 degrees, about 6 points higher
than your body temp.  This coffee was over 60 points higher.  Also, a later
court appeal by the McDonalds corp. reduced the multi-million award to
$200,000.  Both the award reduction and the actual damage caused by the hot
coffee were mostly unreported, as the best way to sell papers is with amazing
stories.

Speaking of BLFHs, did you people hear about the lawsuit against GM?  The link
is below.  They were ordered to pay $4.9 Billion because they didn't wat to
pay for a recall on faulty gas tanks.  They can torch my butt for a fraction
of that money if they want!

http://go.msn.com/cml/10000.asp?
target=http://www.msnbc.com/modules/counters/msn_story.asp%3Fu%
3D/msn/288352.asp

Mike

In lugnet.build, Selçuk Göre writes:

ectal wrote in message <37870454.EA2DBB24@speakeasy.org>...
This is OT, sorry.

As far as I know, that's actually an urban legend. A very popular one
though. But for a more recent and confirmed bad lawsuit story, how about
the woman who won a huge amount of money because she spilled her coffee
from McDonald's on herself and what do you know... it was hot. And she
got burnt. And now she has a lot of money.

Yes, I've also heard about that, but I had not known that the first one was
an urban legend. I had heard it from a magazine news show on TV. I think
urban legends from another country can easily be spilled into non-serious
news broadcasts of anoher country as real occasions...:-)

US is a great rich country, by the way. Even stupidity worths a lot..:-)

Selçuk

"Selçuk " wrote:

Jonathan Wilson wrote in message <378687AE.708B896F@xoommail.com>...
i guess this was TLGs way of making cannons using the shooter parts and
moulds that did not accually shoot. why did tlg stop making shooting • cannons?
anyone know? a safety issue?

There is no non-shooting cannons ever in anywhere except US (and maybe
Americas). They are disabled only for those countries. Why? I'm not sure • but
the efficiently high number of BLFHs (1) that lurking around should be a
cause. Do you remember the stupid female who won a great amount of money
from a microwave oven manufacturer company after baking his own pet dog ,
since they didn't mention in the user's manual that the microwave ovens • are
not for drying pets?

Selçuk

(1) Bastard Lawyer from Hell..:-)