 Off-Topic / Fun / 2099
Re: Finally happy with my site. Plus some additions.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.pun
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 03:37:10 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Tom McDonald wrote:

Oh slamming Mediterranean and Russian are we? And what about Scottish? • Egads,
haagas isn't to be missed.

Trust me, my friends, when I tell you that haggis is well and truly to
be missed, preferably by as wide a margin as possible. I speak from
bitter experience.

Actually I meant that you shouldn't miss it like the flu once it's over.

Wait, make that: I speak from bitter, salty experience.

No, I mean: I speak from bitter, salty, somewhat tough to chew
experience.

OK, let me try again: I speak from bitter, gorge rising, salty, funny
smelling, somewhat tough to chew, strangely textured and revolting in
appearance experience.

From some dictionary, used without permission, but I figured if they really
wanted me to know things they wouldn't copyright them ;-) :

hag'is  n. A Scottish dish consisting of a mixture of the minced heart, lungs,
and liver of a sheep or calf mixed with suet, onions, oatmeal, and seasonings,
and boiled in the stomach of the animal. [ME hagese.]

Hmm. Are you *positive* we're talking about the same thing?

Now, the dish of haagas may be a fine dish, I could not say, but I knew
haggis and  haagas is no haggis.

Now you're just haggling over a spelling error..  :P

-Tom McD.
when replying, note that spamcake is cultivated and prepared similarly to
haggis although trace amounts of cesium and some various kinds of soft
biowaste are added whenever in season.