 Off-Topic / Fun / 1592
1591  |  1593
Subject:
Lutevisk (Was: off-topic.geek charter)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 18:13:26 GMT

Tom McDonald wrote:
You don't like cocktails either cuz the feathers tickle your throat?

Not!  I just don't like the innuendo.  :-,

Being a somewhat a geek myself I never saw Mulan.

See it.  I consider it to be "Hercules II:  The Apology".

oh, er.. um, hehe, ah, well, what's lutevisk? And yes, I really want to
know. Even if it makes me not hungry for lunch.

Hmmm...  Ah.  Well.  Right.  Okay, then.

Take a whole cod (that's the fish), and render it for a good fifteen to
twenty hours.  Add some pectin (or just about any other emulsifier should
work), cook it up until the pectin is dissolved, chill, slop the gel into a
bowl, and serve with vodka.

Cod-flavored Jell-O with soft bone chunks.  *shudder*  I'd rather eat Spam,
thank you very much.  A lightly fried slab, between slices of potato bread,
with thinly-spread tartar sauce.  Sliced, uncooked carrots on the side.  Dr.
Pepper to wash it down, no ice please.  Can you tell I'm hungry now?  :-,

I heard an interesting analogy for eating lutevisk.  It goes like this:
Take a Kit-Kat candy bar, put grape jelly and ketchup on it, salt
generously.  Eat and chase it with vodka.  Then eat some lutevisk and chase
it with vodka.  If you can tell the difference between the Kit-Kat and the
lutevisk, then repeat; you're not drunk enough to enjoy the lutevisk.

Cheers,
- jsproat

"I prefer the term para-mental.  It keeps me out of the loony bin."