 Off-Topic / Fun / 1588
Re: off-topic.geek charter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 17:04:41 GMT

Tom McDonald wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
...Ya know, [chicken head-biting] would provide a fascinating show at
the next Legopalooza.
Maybe we could surpass the Burning Man in popularity..

But only if dancing nude in the moonlight was encouraged.  :-,

geek /'gEk/ n.
1: a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually
includes biting the head off a live chicken or snake
So what you're saying is that we're gonna have BBQ at Legopalooza? Then no
spamcake allowed. No spamlog allowed either.(1)

No, I'm saying that we could get Ozzy Osbourne to perform with live animals
for us.  ...Or was it Alice Cooper?  Trent Reznor?  Marilyn Manson?  Tommy
Smothers?

We could BBQ the snake, I guess.  ...What sound do live snakes make when
doused with Bulls-Eye and dropped onto a searing hot grille?

The chicken is right-out, though.  I can't stand the smell of singed
feathers.

Heck, we could BBQ Ozzy, Alice, Trent, and Marilyn -- Tommy could do his
Yo-Yo Man schtick for us..

Date: 1914
I'll bet it goes further back than that. The abacus is much older so computing
devices, and therefore geeks, are centuries old. Like ketchup, pasta, paper,
and gunpowder, it would be just like China to come up with the first geek too.

You know, there *was* a geek in Mulan, wasn't there?

(1) Spamlog differs from spamcake in two minor points: it's shape: roughly
cylindrical - any length to width ratio surpassing 10 to 1 is considered
spamcable; and two more additional ingredients: trace amounts of headcheese and
haagas.

Don't forget the lutevisk, liverwurst and caviar.  And the fact that you can
spread it on a strong cracker.  Filling, and fun to eat!

Mmmm man oh man, am I getting hungry!

Cheers,
- jsproat

"I prefer the term para-mental.  It keeps me out of the loony bin."