 Off-Topic / Fun / 11267
Re: New Lego Aqua raiders, Sealab 2021
Newsgroups:
lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2006 22:42:21 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Don Cox wrote:
   In lugnet.announce, Avery Christy wrote:

Check it here

I would be interested, I always liked the Aquazone sets. Are you going to set the standards to link the modules? Any link to Sealab 2021, I have not heard of this cartoon series?

-- Don

I had thought about taking some of the standards for the underwater pods/labs from set #7775, please refer to the above link, for inspiration for the standards: kindof let that be our guide for some ideas. What do you think? I thought that one thing that could be changed from moon base standards is using the smaller green 32x32 plates, rather than the larger grey 64x64 plates. But, I think that has both plusses and negatives. The smaller plates allow for more builders with smaller collections, but then its hard to really get something impressive like a submarine repair dock on a smaller plate. The larger plate allows more room for creativity.

Connections to the cartoon Sealab 2021 are not necessary, its just where I got started and probably where I’ll build an moc or two. But the underwater interconnected pod idea has fruit.

-Avery