 Off-Topic / Fun / 11265
Re: New Lego Aqua raiders, Sealab 2021
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2006 03:23:51 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Avery Christy wrote:
   I guess everyone is starting to get an eyefull of the new Aqua raiders theme,

Check it here

Well, from the very first moment I saw these sets, yes, at Eurobricks. I thought about building Sealab 2021 moc’s. I won’t post a link here on lugnet to any Sealab 2021 sites as it is an adult cartoon. But, I am a fan and I saw the potential here.

Anyway, I got the idea when I posted this to start building an aquatic version of the moon base thing they got going on over at classic space. After all, the Sealab 2021 cartoon has many pods all joined together, like a huge underwater lab, and so it would allow for many builders to join in and build some neat, and sometimes comical, underwater pods that can all join together via a universal tunnel connector as inspired by the #7775 set “Aquabase Invasion.”

My question is, is there much interest from other builders about this idea I just posed about building interconnecting underwater labs? If so, then those interested could kick the idea around and come up with many other related ideas and figure out the details that I am too lazy right now to get into.

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong newsgroup and offend anyone.

-Avery

I would be interested, I always liked the Aquazone sets. Are you going to set the standards to link the modules? Any link to Sealab 2021, I have not heard of this cartoon series?

-- Don